STRATEGIC MARKETING PLANNING FOR NAXOS-DELIVERY.GR ONLINE PLATFORM
Naxos-delivery.gr is the first local online platform which allows consumers to search, find, compare and order food or drink directly from the outlets that collaborate with it.
Local consumers and visitors to the island can use the platform free of charge to search local cafés and restaurants by category and then to consult their menus, select the products they want, and order them directly by phone.
Within just a few months of its launch, the platform had successfully incorporated over 30 local catering businesses that already had infrastructure in place for delivering orders.
Our plan allowed the good people of naxos-delivery.gr to evaluate the platform's potential and growth prospects, and to take informed steps aimed at making their undertaking a resounding success.
With competition already a feature of the local market on Naxos, naxos-delivery.gr hopes to grow and become profitable in the months to come by expanding its network of partners in the local catering sector, increasing both its user base and the number of times they use the service, and possibly earning income from additional sources.
Thus, determined to plan their next steps carefully and decide on the best ways to achieve growth and make the platform viable, the people at naxos-delivery.gr decided it would be best to draw up a strategic marketing plan.
Which is when they got in touch with us here at OPEN UP Communication to explain the situation, tell us what they wanted and needed, and ask us to draft the plan.
And our team got to work right away, conducting secondary research, searching online and exploring the tools available on digital platforms (Google and Facebook) before drawing up a comprehensive marketing and communication plan which included:
- An analysis of the current state of play with references to the industry, its growth prospects, the market, and the competition (situation analysis)
- A presentation of the platform’s strengths and weaknesses (swot analysis)
- A segmentation-targeting analysis presenting the features of the service’s target groups
- A proposed position for the platform in the local market (positioning)
- A set of specific, measurable, realistic and time-bound (SMART) marketing and communication objectives
- A detailed strategic plan of action including advertising, promotions, public relations and digital marketing (strategic action plan)
- A proposed budget
Our plan allowed the good people of naxos-delivery.gr to evaluate the platform’s potential and growth prospects, and to take informed steps aimed at making their undertaking a resounding success.
We are happy to have brought this project to such a successful conclusion, and delighted that our clients embraced the outstanding result so warmly. We would like to thank them for entrusting their business to OPEN UP Communications.